Thursday, April 19, 2012

Patiently Waiting...

WEEK 38
Emerson is about the size of a PUMPKIN...(dang girl!)
"Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds.
Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen."


  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already.

  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you

  •      might see some of it at birth.

                                                                                                                 -The Bump

    Well, it's getting close! I honestly thought "any day now"....literally.
    But after Wednesday's doctor's appointment, I'm not so sure anymore.

    I went in Wednesday morning for my 38 week check up. The last two visits, I had been 75% effaced and not dilated. I was SURE that the numbers would have increased by week 38. Nope. Not at all.
    I have had no contractions, therefore, no dilation. So I have been at a stand still for 2 weeks now.
    I feel so helpless and not in control whatsoever. Oh, that's probably BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Hello Kendall!
    I have obviously forgotten who is in charge. Maybe that's why He's not allowing me to progress like "normal." I have had a schedule for all of this, this whole time, not really coming to terms that it's not on my time, it's not on her time, it's on His time. Once again, Duh Kendall!

    So here I am, patiently waiting. I know she will be here very soon, so I better enjoy my free time while I have it, get rest while I still know what that means, and enjoy one-on-one time with my husband. Things will never be the same again.

    A very good friend said to me yesterday, "She's still in there for a reason!"
    Well dang, that's a good point! Never thought about it that way.

    So I may eat a plate of eggplant Parmesan, I may walk around the block a time or two, etc. But I need to remember that she's already got a birth date and a birth plan, so sit back and enjoy the last few days/weeks of this ride! 

    Until that day comes, it will be days filled with work, baseball, baseball, baseball, putting a few last touches to the nursery, getting a few more things together, baseball, and ....sleep.



    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment