Saturday, February 11, 2012

29th Week

Today marks my 29th week!

11 more to go.

Emerson has really blossomed lately. Really.
People keep asking, "You got twins in there?!"
"My goodness, you're about to POP!"

No, but thanks.

Danny seems to think she's going to come out walking.
People will say anything. lol

The Bump says she's about the size of an Acorn Squash...
"Baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Right now, she weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds but she's still got a ways to go -- can you believe she'll triple in weight before birth?"

  • She's getting a little cramped in there, since she's growing so fast. But you probably already realize that, since you're getting all those jabs and kicks.

  • She's growing white fat deposits under her skin, and her energy is surging because of it.

  • Feel a subtle twitch? It might be baby hiccuping. 


  • I think others have read my earlier posts, the one about DON'T TOUCH ME! It's about when I first found out about the pregnancy and once we announced it, everyone wanted to touch my stomach. Basically, I was NOT having any part of it.
    I'm 8 weeks along, trust me, ya can't feel her, so don't try.
    Well now, I feel differently about it.
    Yes, you can touch my belly (if it doesn't touch you first!). lol

    My stomach is hard to the touch, she's up very high, and often, she'll kick you. So yes, you may.

    Speaking of the belly touching you first...

    I have, twice already, knocked over 2 glasses of tea with it. Oops.
    I continuously stick it in food as I'm reaching over the table to get something. No need to try and sqeeeeeze through something, cause it just ain't happening!

    I went to Emerald Ink & Stitches/Advertising Specialties this week for work. The lady that was working with me there was so nice and very helpful. I couldn't help but notice that she had a big, older, beautiful lab laying in a chair behind her. Something you don't see too often at a place of business. Very well behaved. Great dog! We got to talking about Emerson and when she was due, etc. She ended up giving Emerson a book about this dog that she had written herself, Tilly Goes to the Beach. She even signed it before I left! I was just so excited! Her very first book, local and signed. I was just so happy:)


    How far along?   29 weeks today

    Maternity clothes?   Yes. I'm wearing a lot of Melon:) which is fun. Haven't found maternity jeans that fit right yet, so I'm still in my regular jeans. Although, as of like a week or two ago, they are completely unbuttoned! They stay up by wearing this bella band thing. Works so well.

    Symptoms?   Acid Reflux. I hate this. It really comes when I lay down to go to sleep. Back Pain. And did I mention the massive belly?

    Stretch marks?   Yes, but not bad at all. All on my belly.

    Sleep?   I'm still sleeping, but I now get up every night at least once to use the bathroom.

    Best moment this week?   Last weekend, I woke up and laid in bed for a while feeling her move around. I put my hand on my stomach and BAM! She kicked me so hard! I loved it:)

    Movement?   Lots, all day, everyday. I can feel her kick from the outside now, which is pretty amazing!

    Cravings?   Hmm, Nothing weird. I have had my share of milkshakes lately. No whip cream or cherry please.

    Gender? She's still a girl:) Emerson Adele Gunter
    Labor Signs?  None.

    Belly button In or Out?   Innie, although it's starting to feel kinda weird.
    What I miss?   Sitting down at the table without knocking over something.

    What I'm looking forward to?   Meeting her:) I have missed her. As if I already know her. It's strange.

    Weekly wisdom?   Get more Tums.

    Milestones?   Emerson has really blossomed in the last few weeks. I am very pregnant.

    I wanted to give a shout out to a friend in
    California who just delivered her baby girl yesterday!
    Meet Kara Elizabeth Edwards.
    Daughter of Spencer and Angela Edwards.
    Congratulations y'all, she's beautiful!

    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment