Saturday, February 25, 2012

9 Weeks To Go

Two months and one week sounds like long time.
Nine weeks OR LESS sounds like TOMORROW!
Either way, I'm 31 weeks today!
Where has the time gone?!
These past two weeks have been so much fun.
I've had really bad back pain, I am exhausted by the end of the day, and my feet hurt,
but Emerson has really kept my spirits up! She kicks and squirms and dances more than ever now.
Sometimes it feels like she is taking her hand or foot and is moving it from one side to the other.
I love it so much!
So today, "E" is about the size of a Pineapple. Mmm, I LOVE pineapple:)
"She's about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds this month.
She's getting so big, she's probably crowding your lungs."
  • She's going through major brain and nerve development.

  • Eye development, too. Her irises now react to light!

  • All five of her senses are in working order.

  •                                                                 -The Bump
    You know, we read all of the things that the baby is developing from week to week, but how amazing is it?! In just 9 very short months, babies grow from nothing to a full BABY. One that can blink and breathe and poop and sleep. Someone that has fingernails and certain reflexes and a very eager brain.
    HOW GOOD IS OUR GOD!
    I can't seem to figure out how people do not believe in God.
    Forget (for a minute) everything that he has already created, birth and babies ALONE should have you on your knees thanking God for everything, every moment of the day.
    What a BIG little miracle they are!
    And I cannot WAIT to meet mine!
    One "big deal" thing we are fixing to do is get a 3D/4D ultrasound.
    I am so nervous! If she's positioned right, we will see what she looks like.
    Seriously.
    This is SO very real now.
    Whose nose will she have?
    Will she have hair? What color will it be? Will she be bald?
    Does she already have the most perfect chubby cheeks?
    What about her lips, what will they look like?

    I mean, are you kidding me?!
    WE'LL SEE WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE!!!
    no big deal.
    Take a look at this picture. On the left is a baby in the 3D
    ultrasound and on the right is the same baby four months old.
    Wow.
    So that appointment is Thursday, March 8. :)
    I've had trouble finding the right crib bedding, so we've decided to have it made.
    I actually already had almost all of the fabric. A little material from our bedroom, a little from my old house, a little this and a little that. It surprisingly all works together. It is NOT your typical female crib bedding. No pink, no fairies, no fru fru at all. (Imagine that)
    Who wants "typical" anyway? lol If you know me, you know I like to find different ways of doing things, I like to be original.
    Well, this. is. original.
    I have this fabulous interior designer I've been working with!
    I call her Mama. lol
    I am so very lucky to have a professional interior designer as a mama. And she's good:)
    We're also going to incorporate a lot of family heirlooms. Sentimental things are so perfect.
    The nursery inspiration is not what you would expect. It's a plate from my everyday china!
    Lenox Chirp salad plate.
    Just the colors, not the birds.
    I know what you're thinking..."Hmm, interesting."

    Just wait and seeee:)

    My best friend and I were talking the other day about what Emerson does NOT want and what she WON'T be wearing! lol One of the things was those DARN SQUEAKING SHOES!
    I know they are the "hot thing" and mamas are justa buying them up. Not me!
    I kept the church nursery when they first got big. There were like 5 little girls with those things on. I can't handle it. Holly said she had to figure out how to "jokingly" put that on the shower invitation!
     haha But don't worry, if I get them as a gift, they are super cute! I can just take the squeaker out. lol

    No comments:

    Post a Comment