Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 35

Week 33
Emerson's about the size of a Honeydew.
"She weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.
And she may grow up to a full inch this week -- amazing!"

  • She's keeping her eyes open while awake.

  • She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.

  • Her bones are hardening.

  • And she is going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!


  •                                                                                                                                   -The Bump

    Week 34
    Emerson is about the size of a Durian Fruit.
    "At less than two months to go, she weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds
    and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches."

  • She's recognizing and reacting to simple songs, if you're singing them.

  •       (If you're not, start! She may find them soothing after birth.)

  • She's also urinating about a pint a day.


  •                                                                                                                            -The Bump

    Week 35
    Emerson is about the size of a Butternut Squash.
    "She's about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. From here on out, she won't get much longer, but she's plumping up. She's now about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds, and she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth."

  • Now, her hearing is fully developed, and she responds best to high-pitched noises.

  • If it's a boy, his testes have probably fully descended. 

  •       (But she's not, so obviously this doesn't apply!)

                                                                                                                           -The Bump

    Three weeks of "size" updates all into one blog post. That's exactly how fast these past few weeks have flown by! I was anxious to hit the 30 week mark, now my phone just updated me and reminded me that I was 35 weeks today. Time flies when you're......BUSY!

    So far, I have had WONDERFUL friends host three different baby showers. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Emerson has racked up on so many clothes, blankets, and anything else you can think of. Now we're working on finding the room to put all of her things. We're limited on storage in our house, so we're having to get creative.

    This week, we rearranged Wells's room to fit him and her in there. We switched beds, took out a piece, put the crib and changing table in, put a piece in our room for Emerson's things, decorated Wells's walls, nailed, moved, sweated, ached, and FINALLY, we are almost finished with his side. 
    Her side....well she has the crib bedding on and we have a few ideas on what will go on the walls. We'll hopefully finish the whole room within two weeks. That's the goal.

    After some thought, Wells is satisfied with his room side. THANK YOU JESUS!
    I was so worried about his reaction. What 10 year old little boy wants to share his room with his baby sister? Not many. It took a while for him to get used to the idea. After a few weeks of talking about it, last night seeing it for the first time, I thought we might be in trouble.
    I prayed and prayed and prayed for a good outcome, and last night, he was like a different child.
    I STRONGLY believe God had A LOT to do with his attitude.
    He was in the best mood, respectful, polite...
    ...yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir, please, thank you...
    He talked about Emerson so sweetly. She is so very lucky to have a big brother like him.
    I see how he treats Mia, his other sister, and I can't wait for Emerson to have someone to look up to like Mia does.

    Once we get finished with the room, I'll post pictures.

    On my side of things, activities are getting harder and harder to complete.
    For example walking. Haha No, I'm kidding. Actually, it's more like, wobbling.
    But apparently, that's one of the latest dance moves, so I'm good there.

    Turning from one side to the other in bed. It takes mental preparation and lots of strength to do.
    Who would-a thought?!

    The saying is more meaningful now-a-days.
    "When you gotta go, you gotta go!" Even the thought of "pottying" makes me almost want to wet my pants! Always know where the restrooms are! lol

    Oh, my feet. I forgot to mention.
    From the first day that it was hot in SC, you know, that first day and it never cooled off here! My feet have blown up so badly from that day, on. I truly have "cankles." You know when you get a pedicure and they put the things between your toes to help allow them to dry? That's how my feet feel, except surrounded by fluid. Lovely.

    I still have lower back pain, but that's never eased up.

    It's hot, everywhere, all the time. I'm just thankful that I'm not pregnant throughout the summer!

    Hello Heartburn. Zantac is my new BFF.

    I heart chocolate milk. Mmm:)
    The saltiness craving has pretty much gone away. 

    "You look ripe!" says the cashier at Hobby Lobby.
    "Oh. thank you." says the hot, waddling, ripe pregnant me.
    Folks. They always have the correct words.



    



    1 comment: