Saturday, January 28, 2012

Past Weeks & the Dreaded Three Hour Test


This is about how big Emerson was since the last time I told you her size...

Week 23, a pomegranate...

"At about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces,
baby's not just getting bigger, she's getting even cuter."
  • She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!)
  • Her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out.
  • She's listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking.  


Week 24, a grapefruit...

"Your 10.5-to-11.8-inch baby weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week she gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world."

  • Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.

  • And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.




  • Week 25, an eggplant...

    "During month six, the average fetus measures about 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches
     and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds."

  • She's enjoying her new sense of equilibrium -- she now knows which way is up and which is down.

  • She's growing more fat and more hair too!



  • Week 26, a head of lettuce...

    "She's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range,
     and developing her senses, features and talents!"

  • Her eyes are forming, and her eyes will soon start to open.

  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.

  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.

  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.



  • And as of TODAY, Week 27, cauliflower...

    "At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds,
    she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter."

  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.

  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.



  • One of my preggo friends just had her baby boy this past week!
    Congrats to Josh & Jillian McDonald on sweet little Dawson Hayes!!


    I've got another preggo friend out in California about to deliver her sweet girl in just a few weeks!
    It's starting to become very real now. It's getting closer and closer!

    So, I went for my THREE HOUR glucola test this past Tuesday.
    I went in at 8am and they pricked my finger. My blood sugar was 67.
    I drank the (orange) thick koolaid tasting substance. A whole bottle this time.
    Ugh.
    One sip isn't bad, 25 sips later, it's bad...and thick...and so I started praying for it to be over!
    I did ask for a straw (thanks to previous advice) and that helped to get it down.
    I decided to wait in the lobby for the first hour, so I worked on my Temple Run score! lol
    Towards the last 20 minutes of the first hour, I started feeling sick. 
    They called me back right as the hour was up and drew my blood. Blood sugar 165. (Needed to be lower than 180)
    The next hour, I decided to leave and go to my parent's house and lay down. I felt much better.
    Went back, blood drawn, blood sugar 133. (Needed to be lower than 160)
    ...so, making positive progress!
    Third hour, hung out at my parent's house again...STARVING at this point.
    Went back, blood drawn, blood sugar 43!! (Needed to be lower than 140)
    I was lower alright! It had dropped from 133 to 43 in one hour!
    They looked at me and asked, "Are you feeling alright?!" lol

    I was fine, but they made be drink a Mello Yellow to bring it back up.
    But hey, I PASSED!! No diabetic diet for me! Thank you Jesus!

    I treated myself to Mig's at that point with Abby. And yes, it was good!

    Wednesday, I went for my prenatal massage. I was so excited about this! I had been patiently waiting for this for a while now. I finally got an appointment. She had a special pillow that the belly goes into so clients can lay on their stomach. It was very nice, but apparently I was very tight, because I am extremely sore now! I wish I could get one once a week!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment