Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Little Almond

Well Danny and I went for our first ultrasound yesterday. I know what you're thinking "Dang, a little early don't ya think?!" We thought so too, but Dr. Forrest (I love her) thought it would be fun and we could find out what Baby Gunter is measuring! So of course we jumped on board with that decision.

As of yesterday, I was (supposedly) 7 weeks and 2 days. But after the ultrasound, they measured the baby at 6 weeks and 3 days. So our NEW due date is....(Drum roll Please...) May 4th, 2012!! Now of course normally he or she will come within a week or two of this date. So that means...I'll be 18 weeks on December 2, three days before my birthday! Exciting! But what's even more exciting is the GENDER REVEAL PARTY!! Whooo HOOO!! And do I have plans for that event! Here's a sneak peek (and yes, it's from Pintrest.)
Everyone who knows me, knows that I LIVE for an awesome event (that I plan)! Finding out the gender of your baby is a BIG deal! I mean will it be Barbie's or Trucks? Shorts or Skirts? Bows or Caps? It's a BIG deal and it's gonna be a BIG event! So get excited!

Okay back to the ultrasound...we got pictures! Our little hunny bunny doesn't look like your typical baby yet, but bless it's heart,  he's/she's working hard on that! This week, Baby Gunter is growing like crazy! He's starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as mine!), and blood is starting to circulate.

He/she is the size of a pea this week!

And here he/she is!!
If you look close, the little dot in the middle is the HEART!!
We were able to hear and see the heartbeat! It was the coolest thing.
I can't wait to see our baby again! 

I like to think of him/her as our little.....well almond:)

With all the wonderful, amazing, Godly things that are taking place, there is a rough side. Yes, you know...feeling like poo. Thank you Jesus, I haven't been sick, at all! I'm hoping it will never make its appearance.
But, I have been...
1. EXHAUSTED-to the point where I can hardly get my words out correctly. I get plenty of sleep and I get good sleep. I think I make it to R.E.M. everynight the second my head hits the pillow.

2. INDIGESTION-I get full so fast. I feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in food. I feel 8 months pregnant when I'm definitely not. And that feeling of nausea all the time.

3. I'M STARVING-no, like really starving, like I haven't eaten in MONTHS! DRAMA for your MAMA hungry! Then I begin to eat, and I go back to #2-Indigestion. Really? Pick one my already stubborn child! haha

Does anyone else feel like this?? Anyway, all for the little one. It'll be over before I know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment